TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You are making a related but separate point. I agree a
People Seeking Info

Subject You are making a related but separate point. I agree a

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on April 18, 2021 at 8:46 AM
  This message has been viewed 98 times.

In Reply To Having seen the state that people will let their cars get to posted by BlackholeZ on April 15, 2021 at 05:13 PM

Message a small percentage of people let the condition of their cars slide when they don't get inspected. But you are focusing on the process and not the outcome. Regardless of the conditions of the vehicles on the road there is no data that shows states with inspections have less accidents, injuries and deaths than states without vehicle inspections. That is where the rubber meets the road, pardon the pun. The post after yours by black300zx made a generic comment about data interpretation, and I would be remiss if I did not point out your interpretation shows one of the most common pitfalls and errors people make - they focus on the process and the intermediary steps instead of the outcomes. Now, I could be wrong about the outcomes, I haven't looked for the data in quite some time, but I believe the issue was felt to be settled when states like Florida, who used to have safety inspections, did away with them. Finally, your social commentary about stupid people and danger is also a bias and peripheral which again, is not supported by the outcomes. If you feel compelled to respond you may have the last word, because the point is proven, QED. Ostee Out.

"Straight-line acceleration is probably the first aspect of
automotive performance that any intelligent driver gets bored with."
Peter Gregg

"We owe a lot to the dragsters.
They always break something,
figure out a way to beef up the part
and then the benefit trickles
down."
Robo

"Not everything that can be counted counts. Not everything that
counts can be counted."
Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.